- Look to the manual! The manufacturer will provide suggested line diameter specs – give it a read, getting this right will save you time and money.
- The three most important words in trimming; Line, Line; Line! If you are going through lots of line or it keeps breaking, you may be using the wrong size. Some people will get a thicker line because they think it will cut thicker growth, think again. All this does is put more load on the motor and the line moves slower.
- The best trimming is done at full speed and remember it’s the tip of the line doing the cutting not half way down. So keep the majority of the line out of the thick of it so it doesn’t wear down, break in the middle and you might just find yourself with a quicker, cleaner cut.
- Some line trimmers have auto feed heads designed for a specific size of line this can be affected if you use an incorrect size. So once again choose wisely.
- For the best results start away from the edge and work towards it. Avoid starting the line trimmer already in the grass you’re cutting for the cleanest cuts.
Understand your machine and follow these simple tips for easy trimming and smooth lawns this spring.